VK-1 Viking Synthesizer is an authentic emulation of a classic monophonic analog synthesizer. It has three continuously variable wave oscillators, two ladder filters with a Dual Lowpass or Highpass/Lowpass configuration, a multi-wave LFO, and two modulation busses. VK-1 uses state of the art DSP technology to accurately reproduce the sound of the hardware.
VK-1 comes with 228 presets in the categories Bass, Bright Lead, Electro Bass, FX, Percussive Lead, Soft Lead, and Synthwave. The 50 Electro Bass and 50 Synthwave presets were created by experienced sound designer eXode. The synth excels at thick bass and rich lead sounds.
At the heart of VK-1 are three adjustable wave oscillators. The continuously variable waveform knob gives the oscillators a unique sound that can’t be achieved with the fixed waveforms found in most synths. A noise oscillator provides three types of noise.
Two modulation busses and an LFO provide flexible modulation capabilities.
The filter is a classic transistor ladder filter modeled meticulously. Different drive modes are available for adding grit. The number of poles is adjustable for a wider range of filter sounds.
VK-1 has cutting edge DSP technology:
– VK-1’s oscillators were designed using measurements from the classic hardware synth
– VK-1’s oscillators have instability like analog oscillators
– VK-1’s oscillators feature advanced anti-aliasing techniques
– VK-1’s standard nonlinear filter algorithm is Zero Delay Feedback with carefully tuned saturation
– VK-1’s high quality nonlinear filter algorithm features a Newton-Raphson solver with more accurate saturation
– VK-1’s filters feature 4x oversampling
– VK-1 VST features a complete overhaul of the DSP code since the RE and AUv3
New for VST
The graphics of VK-1 have been completely redone with Retina support. Using experience gained over the past several years, the sound quality has been updated to sound more rich, smooth, and creamy.
Pay What You Want
VK-1 is available as a download with no hassles. There is no dongle, online account, or license key. You pay what you want using Paypal. The suggested price is $59/€59. Keep in mind that software development takes a lot of time and resources.
One Synth Challenge #107 entries are 100% VK-1.
More examples of VK-1 in action.
Already have VK-1? Check out the tutorials.